The Nintendo Wii Store Boycott is a boycott started by skie on June 15, 2008.
One of the Wii's major issues is the low storage space, especially for Virtual Console titles and WiiWare titles. Nintendo of Europe's managing director, Laurent Fischer, has said that only "geeks and otaku" want this issue addressed. Skie, a supporter of the Virtual Console, decided to boycott the Virtual Console and WiiWare based on this, and wants everyone to join with him.
UPDATE: NINTENDO HAS HALF-ASSED SOLVED THIS BY ADDING A SD CARD FEATURE TO THE 4.0 SYSTEM MENU. YOU STILL HOWEVER NEED SPACE FOR AT LEAST ONE GAME ON YOUR WII AT ALL TIMES THOUGH AS THIS JUST COPIES THE FILES AUTOMATICALLY OVER BEFORE EACH PLAY.
- You must not buy any Virtual Console games.
- Not even if The Guardian Legend gets released.
- You must not buy any WiiWare games.
- Not even if Compile reforms and releases The Guardian Legend 2 on WiiWare.
- This boycott will end when:
- Laurent Fischer is moved from his position, or
- Nintendo addresses this issue.
People Who Have Joined Edit